Little detail on the reason aspect
But while I’m awake and aware in existence, reason alone cannot reduce my existence into non existence, and if I happen to be in reality or on a substratum of reality (dream, simulation etc), my existence in itself evidences my overlap with reality, and if I am to assume my existence is independent of reality and thus not overlapping, the plane of my existence becomes no less or not contained by that reality in its independence and so becomes reality in itself and so, either way, I exist in reality when “awake” and am aware of it on top of that, whatever I perceive or experience, and it is not limited by my reasoning or not reasoning about it, and this means not only that I am real, but that whatever reality is that I’m not consciously aware of creating or knowing or controlling in its entirety on average or so far, this direct overlap alongside potentials of expanded reason having proven themselves in the past, even at times to tangible results, also means there is a possibility for the further understanding of that reality and my existence in it, and that reality’s conscious or unconscious (for lack of a better word) at times, benevolence, given a long enough window of life to understand its patterns and perhaps become more calibrated within them, or discover potentials, at times their possible actualization, further creation, at times an experience of more self actualization, and at times learning or growth into better harmony with that reality, despite my ‘inferior status’ of conscious control or complete conscious creation within it?
In 2020, I happened to write Secular Theological Endeavour 1, in which we established how reason in itself contains the function of going beyond established reason, and cannot be the absolute tool in the discernment of reality in the absence of the simultaneous process of expanded reason.
This ties in with Spinoza’s prayer and an interesting direction for the next essay seems to be elements of Ibn Taymiyya’s refutation of Greek logicians, and my personal stance based on what has come forward, so far.
This is in continuation of understanding phenomenology, its interpretation and extrapolation of what presents itself as noumena, and the interaction between the two in order to discern provable foundational irreducibles to clarify thought and further directions of exploration (the essay worked on between 2021-2025).
Comments
Post a Comment